Keep up-to-date with all the latest GAPP news and events
Law in Practice
- Join our Tahrir Dialogue 97- Special Webinar Series- Book Talk: Master of the Game: Henry Kissinger and the Art of Middle East Diplomacy Click here to learn more
- Happening on Thursday December 2, 2021 GAPP Tahrir Dialogue no. 96 GAPP in partnership with UCF- "What the Future Holds: A Discussion on Future U.S.-Arab Relations II". Click here to register
- Adjunct Faculty Nourhan El Abbassy was appointed as assistant secretary-general of the Youth Secretariat of the Homeland Defenders Political Party (Homat ElWatan), led by lieutenant general Galal HaridyAdjunct Faculty Nourhan El Abbassy was appointed as assistant secretary-general of the Youth Secretariat of the Homeland Defenders Political Party (Homat ElWatan), led by lieutenant general Galal Haridy. Click here to learn more
- Associate Professor Brian J. Bowe published a chapter in the new book Teaching Race: Struggles, Strategies, and Scholarship for the Mass Communication Classroom, edited by George Daniels and Robin Blom.
- Professor Rasha Abdulla and Associate Professor of Practice Nadine El Sayed Participate in Routledge Book Launch. Click here to learn more
- Check out Adjunct Faculty Fady Ramzy’s latest interview for Sky News. Click here to view
- To All our Faculty, Graduate and Undergraduate Students, kindly note that the Research and Creativity Convention 2022 that will be taking place on March 27 to 31, 2022 and the deadline to apply is on December 10, 2021. Click here to learn more
- Call for papers for the European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA) conference to be held in Aarhus, Denmark in October 2022. The theme for the 9th European Communication Conference (ECC) will be “Rethink Impact”. Submissions will be accepted until Monday, January 17, 2022. For specific calls by the sections, networks and temporary working groups, Click here
- Professor of Practice Kim Fox was a panelist on the final day of UNESCO's Remote Radio Week on November 5. As part of a block of programming on "Audio Everywhere," Fox spoke about producing a podcast on a budget. You can view the replay here.
- Sheikh Dr. Mai ElEteibi, Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Bahrain Institute for Political Development (BIPD), and Dr. Hussein Amin, Director of the Kamal Adham Center for Television and Digital Journalism in AUC, signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to initiate collaboration in the fields of television and digital journalism in addition to related fields of media literacy, data journalism, and multimedia journalism.
- Check out Dean Fahmy's latest interview with Al Ghad TV. Click here to view
- Mohamed Hesham ' 19 was recognized for the skills and expert knowledge he gained at AUC, MPP Alumnus Mohamed Hesham was selected by the Ministry of Planning to become a Government Excellence Assessor for the first two rounds of Egypt’s Government Excellence Award (2019-2020 and 2020-2021).
- Marianne Dhenin, Law graduate published in the Australian Feminist Law Journal back in June a research article titled "The Construction of Motherhood in Semi-Colonial Egypt"
- Read the recent blog on The Rise of the Global Legal Order for Jason Beckett.
- Check out Dean Nabil Fahmy’s latest article for Independent Arabia
- Shahira Fahmy delivered a keynote address at the 2021 Media for Peace Symposium at the Center for Digitization and Technology Research of the Bundeswehr in Munich, Germany. Click here to read the address. Link:
- Check out the latest article by Cairo Review
- Check out Dean Fahmy’s Latest Article for Independent Arabia
- Watch Hussein Amin’s interview as a guest speaker at Nile TV’s The Daily Debate with Taghreed Hussein.
- Hesham Dinana was recognized during a ceremony held by the Egyptian Institute of Directors (EIoD) and the World Bank (International Financing Corporation – IFC) for his contribution to the development of Egyptian companies Board of Directors members Corporate Governance practices.
- Check out the latest GAPP Public Policy Briefs Issue 15
- Professor, Rasha Abdulla, was featured in a special interview on platform content moderation in the global South for the Columbia Journalism Review's Galley platform. The full interview is featured here.
- Ambassador Karim Haggag, Professor of Practice at GAPP participated in the launch of the United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDIR) report on reducing global nuclear dangers. The event titled “Addressing Today’s Nuclear Challenges” saw the participation of a number of leading experts on disarmament and nonproliferation with opening remarks by the UN High Representative for Disarmament Affairs. Click here to know more about the event.
To all our GPP Alumni, we know that you are out there making achievements, publishing articles, and getting rewarded. We strongly encourage you to share with us your achievements or publications so we can share them with the AUC community, send us at email@example.com