The mission of the Department of Public Policy and Administration (PPAD) is to support evidence-based policymaking, effective and efficient administration of government and nonprofit organizations, and better public governance domestically and internationally by preparing professionals for careers in public service, conducting policy-relevant research and promoting dialogue on issues of public importance.
PPAD builds a culture of leadership and service among its graduates and is dedicated to making significant contributions to Egypt and the international community through public service in diverse institutional settings.
In support of this mission, the program provides students with:
- A high-quality, leading-edge public policy and administration education that brings a global perspective to national challenges, with relevance to policymaking and management reform in Egypt, across the region and globally
- Programs that encourage the development of a strong community spirit emphasizing commitment to the highest values and integrity, an action orientation, objectivity, broad-mindedness and teamwork
- A learning environment that fosters faculty-student communication and promotes lifelong learning and career development
- Our Vision
- The vision of the PPAD department is the creation of a cadre of highly skilled professionals committed to public service careers in government, nonprofits, international organizations or the private sector, supported by high-quality, evidence-based research that is carried out by organizations in their own countries and contributes to an open debate on policy options, programs, and the ways that both policies and programs affect society.
Our Core Values
In support of its vision and mission, PPAD faculty and staff members are committed to the following core values and work to instill them in students:
- Professional excellence: Individual excellence in all aspects of professional life
- Ethical values: Personal integrity and ethical professional behavior
- Collaboration and teamwork: Collaboration on the basis of inclusion and outcome orientation
- Learning and critical thinking: Lifelong learning and engagement in problem-solving
- Continuous improvement in all aspects of the department, both educational and administrative
- Adaptation to a changing local and global environment
- Responsible citizenship: Social responsibility and service to the local and global community