The School of Global Affairs and Public Policy launched the GAPP Executive Education in summer 2010 with the goal of providing top-notch executive training to professionals in the different disciplines. The mission of the GAPP Executive Education is to reinforce and reinvigorate leadership capacities within government agencies and public institutions in a challenging global environment within Egypt and the region. Its' trainers are experts in their field and include local, regional and international expertise.
GAPP Executive Education offers customized programs tailored to the specific needs of clients and open enrollment programs offered in collaboration with other institutions according to current trends and needs. It boasts a diverse portfolio of partnerships with academic and funding institutions. Participants range from civil servants, members of civil society, media professionals, think tanks and decision support centers, young diplomats, members of parliament, the national council for women, the judiciary, and officials in government.
GAPP Executive Education maintains diversity and accessibility in its programs; and works with persons with disabilities to improve their access to the labor market and ensure inclusion.
GAPP Executive Education's current main themes include transforming public service, media and communication, gender and youth, and diplomacy.
- Transforming public service offered mid to senior-level programs including the Leadership for Government Excellence Certificate, Advanced Public Policy Management program, Transforming Public Service, Leading in a Challenging Environment, Supporting Parliamentary Performance, Advanced Management, and Communication, Strengthening Reform Initiatives in Public Administration, and Leadership for Government Excellence.
- Youth and gender-related programs include Qodorat, Empowerment of Women in Public Affairs, and Empowerment of Women through Parliament, Youth and Employment, Empowerment of Women through the National Council for Women, the Future Generations in Economic Development in Egypt and the Arab Region (FGE-DEAR).
- Media and Communication has a significant portion including Building Knowledge in Media Policy for Arab Countries in Transition, Financial and Economic Reporting for the Media, Media Law and Policy in Egypt, Legal Communication Certificate, and the annual regional Media Management Certificate.
- Diplomacy includes Effective Diplomacy for the 21st Century, and Multilateral Diplomacy, Negotiations, and Mediation.
- Regional outreach continues to expand. Several of our programs have had a regional focus including the Future Generations in Economic Development in Egypt and the Arab Region (FGE_DEAR), Building Knowledge in Media Policy for Arab Countries in Transition, and the Media Management Certificate. GAPP Executive Education's director received the UETLA Talloires Network Award for the FGE-DEAR.
To expand the outreach of knowledge GAPP Executive Education offered several publications, including Political Participation Challenges facing Women in Egypt, Future Generations in Economic Development, Empowerment of Women through Parliament, Effective Diplomacy for the 21stCentury. Additionally, we have offered several programs that promote research including Advanced Research Skills, Applied Policy Research, and Intellectual Property Licensing.